Friday, October 06, 2006

Living Finally Begins After One's Basic Needs and Desires Are Met

(originally 8/15)

This is my second sit-down of the day. I find it rather conducive to my happiness to not only not be working, but to not be thinking about buying anything. Of course, not thinking about buying something is partially dependent upon not needing anything, which, thankfully, I don't. Also, I've been thinking about how not needing to clean my home makes me much more content. So, absent these concerns, I've really enjoyed the first half of my day off.

To phrase things in a more philisophical way, when one's most basic needs and desires are met, true living can finally begin. Today I've been walking around town checking out art and architecture. I've been stimulating myself intellectually by reading, thinking, and writing. I even watched a little tv. I caught some of The Colbert Report and Mad TV. TV isn't good for much-it wastes a lot of time-but laughing is never a waste of time. In fact, its of extraordinary value. I am very pro-TV for this reason. Anyway, I've got 3+ more hours of quality alone time to draw, read, and write, so I'd better get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home